Logo will be edited to monochrome style.
I have little problem with how it looks in unity panel, but I have reported bug. I think the cause is that, app has no .desktop file nowadays.
Changes in architecture
It still consists from two parts service and client.
- Fetching feeds from web
- Storing data (but not favicons, becasue of Gdk deps)
- XML parsing
- Using Sqlite database (quick)
- Displaying feeds and articles (called items)
- Real-time search
- Fetching favicons, storing and scaling them
Preview of current state
Service is almost done, but in client there is a huge amount of work. In end of August I am going to publish working PPA for Oneiric.
Next week I will post roadmap for this project.
- adding feeds via command “./client –add http://feedlink”
- displaying feeds and items
- opening them in default browser and selecting them as read
- removing feed
- fetching update (problem with displaying, but I am working on it, and I am new in Gtk)
- sorting by date (there will be probably no other sorting options)
- favicons are static (will be bigger and anti-aliased – some webs have 16×16 size)